Thursday, April 21, 2011

Put Away the Camera, Mom!

Why you always have to be in my face with that camera, Mom?

How Daddy likes my hair best


After a couple of days of being a fuss-muffin every time he was awake, Brax seems to be back to his normal, puzzling self today. Which means that he is not fussy but also does not go to sleep for naps very quickly. He often lays in his crib, looking wide-eyed all around him and kicking his legs around for a long time before sometimes settling to sleep and sometimes getting a little fussy. I can't decide if this means he doesn't need as much sleep as most newborns or if he's gotten overstimulated and overtired and is fighting sleep. We'll see how things even out after all the visitors are gone and I have a little more control over when he gets put down for naps.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm about a week late to this party, but I don't think I've posted since finding out the fantastic news that Josey got a BFP! I think I remember that she and I started trying to get pregnant around the same time, and we both dealt with really long, unpredictable cycles, though for different reasons. Somehow, the stars aligned for me sooner, but I knew she would see those two lines sometime. And I'm so happy it's now!

There have been a bunch of other BFPs in my reader over the past couple of months, too--Augusta, Adele, Alex, Melissa, and a few more, I think. Each one makes me feel like the world is a little more complete. I'm so happy for all you ladies!

8 comments:

Oak said...

Love the hairdo photo! And on the picture front, that was one of the professional photos we had taken of him. WORTH EVERY PENNY! :) I am still unable to get a good photo on my own though.

Jos said...

LOVE all of his hair - what a cutie!!!

Thanks Ceejay - I remember being so hopeful after your BFP, b/c even with wonky awful cycles, it had worked for you. I'm glad I'm finally joining the party. :)

Anonymous said...

So incredibly CUTE!!!!!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures!! Everything about him is adorable!

cdg said...

too cute :)

Alex said...

Oh he's so very cute! Love the hair!!! And thanks for the shout-out - you're so sweet!

Kakunaa said...

Goodness, he is beautiful! And with awesome hair! My kiddo basically won't nap on his own without a lot of soothing, so he is on me most of the time. The staring cracks me up...he makes all kinds of weird faces while he is awake. Enjoy those amazing eyes!

A m a n d a said...

I love the one of him with his Daddy. So sweet. I hope he gets into a sleeping routine soon!