Since I haven't talked much here about the rest of my life, I thought I'd give a few fun non-TTC facts about myself here.
- I lived in the Philippines until I was 11 years old. I am not even 1% Filipina, but my parents moved there to do non-profit missionary work. It was definitely my home, though, and the transition back to the US (right in time to start the fun phase of life called junior high) was rough, to say the least.
- I love, love, love to cook. I'm really into baking, especially baking bread. I just had one of my homemade bagels for breakfast this morning (with homemade jelly on top). I also love to eat, and I especially love trying new, exotic foods. My favorite dish when I was a kid was baby squid cooked in its own ink. Which is why it's a bit ironic that I have hypothalamic amenorrhea for being too thin. As much as I love to eat, I guess I'm also a little too self-disciplined about it.
- I also absolutely adore reading good books. I just finished up my MA thesis (in English literature, of course) last December, so I'm loving the extra time I have to read books for fun. Favorite authors include John Donne (the subject of my thesis), John Steinbeck, Chaim Potok, Jane Austen (can't resist--she was an absolute genius at writing novels), and hundreds more I can't think of right now.
- My entire wedding, which was fairly large (200ish guests) and every bit as elaborate as I wanted, only cost $5000. Made possible by many talented and generous friends.
- Hubs and I plan to move overseas within the next few years (once he finishes his Ph.D.). Most likely to China. Partially because I've always wanted my own kids to have the international upbringing I had. And partially because we just aren't cut out to live in one place for the rest of our lives.
I find it sad that after writing five non-IF things about myself, my first inclination was to put something in about the TTC. I guess that's how it goes. But I will give a brief update on that front. Today is either 12 or 14 dpo, so I decided to pretend it was 14 dpo and test this morning. Result: one very dark line. Just one. I was hoping that would help me to move on and accept that AF will be coming soon, because I know she is, but of course there's still this annoying part of me that is insisting FF was wrong and today was only 12 dpo, and I still have a chance. I'm trying to shut that voice up, but my boobs keep throbbing in pain and keeping the voice alive. Grrr. But I'm really actually doing okay emotionally, thank God. Just annoyed with my boobs.